The popularity of online dating websites has increased worldwide, as it provides people an opportunity to discover their potential match at the convenience of their home. Though there are many who consider it to be a remarkable platform, but at the same time it should be noted that there are some dating sites which are associated with cyber crimes too. The same is even seen in sugar mummy dating sites, where lack of precautionary steps can leave you a victim of tragic incident.
Dating online is not such a bad idea. The point here is to identify a reliable sugar momma dating website and then place your each move in a wise manner. This article will provide an insight of sugar momma dating scams along with the different precautionary steps that you should take when you meet someone online, or are interested in dating someone you have never ever met before.
Signs of Sugar Momma Dating Scams
It is not necessary that the scam is only made by the dating site, rather at times the member of the websites trap others into scam, in order to gain advantage from them. Some of the common signs that indicate this includes
- I need money scam: It great that you met a sugar mummy or a younger men at the dating site, and everything seems to be perfect. After a few days of chatting, you start thing that you ever destined to meet this “perfect one”. But, soon after that your perfect match starts telling you about how much he/she is in need of money, and what sort of financial turmoil he/she is going through. They even guarantee to return you the favor but the moment you give them the money they are gone forever. Hence, beware and stay away from such type of traps!
- Lost my partner scam: This is another form of scam that has been increasing at various sugar momma dating websites. In these cases, any cougar might approach you with a sad story about how she lost her soulmate and now is in desperately need of some support. You start chatting with her, and then in you will never find them around. Though it has been proven to be true in some cases, but for a majority it stands to be a scam.
- Asking Account Information: Online dating is even taken to be a medium for exploiting people. In fact, there are many people who tend to ask your account information and then misuse it for their own good. Common examples are, “please provide your debit/credit, PIN & account details so that funds can be transferred to your account”. There is no type of authenticity in these type of emails or chats, hence always stay away from them.
- Webcam chat for Physical Exploitation: There are several sugar mummy sites that support video or webcam chat option. Though it is regarded to be an invaluable tool for some dating members but others turn it into their tool of scam. Certain non-genuine profiles, basically in free dating portals get into different dating websites and become a risk for other users. They ask for unethical chats like erotic chats and then exploit these videos for their profit.
How to Stay Away From Online Sugar Mummy Dating Scams?
Staying away from these potential scams is not that difficult, there are certain aspects that you should consider so that your personal information, data and emotions always remain in safe hands.
The first thing that you should consider is the credibility of the online sugar mummy dating sites. There are millions of sugar momma dating portals out there, but the idea is to discover the best amongst the best. Before registering with any dating website, you do need to research about it and understand the reputation that it holds. Make a note of what other members have to say about it and then decide whether you want to open your profile in that particular website or not.
After you have discovered a reliable platform then have a look over its subscription packages. Important thing that should be noted here is that free dating websites are at a great risk of scams compared to those that come up with subscription. Hence, choose the perfect package from a certified website and then start your search for the perfect one.
Finally, always think twice when you chat with sugar mummy or younger men at these dating websites. You need to understand that you have never met them before, and thus they are strangers. Reply in a proficient manner, and take essential precautionary steps when you think you might become a victim of scams.
What Do Different Surveys Have to Say About Online Sugar Mummy Dating Scams?
There are different surveys that indicate a steep rise in online dating sugar momma scams. Reports reflect that by 2015 the use of dating sites has improved by 25% simultaneously scams have increased from 12% to 48%. Majority of the cases have been recorded in free dating websites, however scams are not a new thing for certain reputed sites too.
These surveys are an alarming sign that you should wake up to the need of the hour and
- Find a reliable sugar mummy dating website that has been in this business for many years and thus holds the ability and competence to provide you the best.
- Make a note of the profile of different members before chatting with them and stay away from those who don’t appear to be a promising option
- Take necessary precautionary steps like keeping your personal information confidential, and refusing unethical requests so that later you do not become a victim of any sort of scams.
Therefore, use the important tips and tricks that are mentioned above so that you can stay from the potential scams that commonly prevail in sugar mummy dating websites, as these scams are growing and now it’s time to stop them!